Monday, August 20, 2007

Week 5 - Thing 11

The short list was easy to navigate. I was surprised that I was already familiar with several of the sites that had won awards. I browsed through many sites that were new to me. One that really caught my interest was "Writeboard" - http://www.writeboard.com/. This would be a great site for students who come to the library and start working on a paper but don't have time to finish it. Having their work on this site would allow them to continue working from any computer on campus or from home. They can also use this collaborative writing program to work in groups. This is a site I will share with the staff members at the library orientation this year.

I joined Library 2.0 on Ning. Another log in and password to remember. I need a web 2.0 site that will keep all these sites and log ins straight. Any suggestions???? I will need a lot more time to explore Library 2.0.

That's it for tonight.

2 comments:

Cardinal Reader said...

Thanks for the tip. I didn't notice writeboard before. I, too, will share it with students, along with Zoho and Google Docs. (They're coming up in this program)

CAS said...

Hehehe! I love the idea of a Web 2.0 app that just keeps your passwords straight and secure, like a universal charger. I think there might be something like this already (Passkey? Wordkey?) that must not have been wildly successful... since I can't remember what it's called!

-Claire
postcoordinatebliss.wordpress.com