Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 5 - Thing 12

Rollyo didn't impress me. Too many ads (sponsored links) and too little information. I did some very basic searches and expected to get instant results. Instead I got a lot of the same type of results but not the basic information that I should have received. I tried all the links and none of them seemed to be productive. I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong, but after the last link I just decided it was Rollyo and not me. It was also very slow to load the search results. My students wouldn't wait that long.

There's potential for this site but I feel it needs quite a bit of tweeking to make it more user friendly.

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Rollyo is either loved or not -- that is what I've noticed as CSLA participants get to THING 12. Check out what others have said by looking at some of the completed blogs. I agree about its potential and its advertisements -- maybe we'll eventually see a version for education that is ad-free.

Best wishes.
- JackieS, CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome back to "winter 2.0 Fun."

Becca said...

Merry X-Moose to you, too, and welcome back to the 2.0 tutorial. I haven't yet reviewed your earlier posts, but I'm one of those that agrees with your rollyo assessment. Initially I was disturbed to even have to take up "valuable" time exploring it, but then I realized that it was helping me make an informed decision to not promote its use, at least not until we see a version that is ad-free, like Jackie mentions.

Ann said...

I have to admit that I was completely underwhelmed by Rollyo. The search functionality just wasn't that good.