Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Week 3 - Thing 5







I'm not very impressed by Flickr. The interface is very convoluted. It was difficult to navigate. I loaded 4 photos and used the tag "School Library Learning 2.0" for all of them and gave them each a title. I uploaded the photos and then did a search by photo > everyone's photos > School Library Learning 2.0 > tags only. The result was only two pictures and mine were not included. I did the search again using Your Photos instead of Everyone's Photos and all 4 of my photos were displayed. Is there a lag time from the upload to being able to search? I logged off and went in and did the search again and got the same results. ????

I usually use Photosite.com or Kodak Gallery when I upload photos to share with others. Both programs are very user friendly. When searching for photos in general I use Google Images.

I will continue to explore the site and perhaps my initial assessment will change.

These are the photos I uploaded to Flicker - well they wanted to go to the top of the page even though I had the cursor on this line. Another thing to figure out. This will be bug me.


No comments: