Monday, May 21, 2007

Week 3 - Thing 7

Digital photography is wonderful. Since going digital I'm no longer reluctant to take another shot of the same moment for fear of wasting film. The digital camera has allowed me to be more creative and adventuresome. I love being able to crop photo and adjust contrast. I put my pictures on photosite.com and share with my children who have grown up and now live away from our home. It's nice being able to share our travels and events with them.

I have some concerns about students being able to access the technology we are learning in School Library Learning 2.0. School districts have many of the tools we are using blocked by firewalls and safety programs. There will need to be strong support from my colleagues to convince IT to unblock these tools.

6 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, digital photography is fantastic and cameras keep getting smaller, better, and cheaper! It seems like each week there is another announcement about a new cool tool.

Filtering issues will be addressed. More sites are being created especially for education, so that helps. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job of posting those pictures! I love the one you did with Flickr! Keep on blogging.

Anonymous said...

I, too, love digital photography. I do love that we don't have to pay for botched photos. What a sense of freedom!

Dana Stemig said...

I agree with your comments about digital photography. It is so much fun to just snap away and then pick the best to print.
I agree that filtering issues are going to be a stopping point for many of us. I know that I worry about some of the things that have gotten into my home through MySpace and other sites. I think we will find a away to safeguard our students while making use of technology.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

BookMama said...

I hope districts loosen up on their policies soon. We are missing out on many opportunities with our students. I'm purchasing a Flip camera for my library. I hope we'll be able to use some of these great mashups in the near future.